Home  |  Impressum  |  Sitemap
Quelle: pexels.com

How to find your respective Counselling Center in Germany?

We want to help you to find your respective Counselling Center in Germany, which is not so easy because of the complex structure of the German counselling system, with some particularities for the individual federal provinces of Germany. The Counselling Centers of the welfare associations in Germany (Diakonie, Caritas, AWO, Deutsches Rotes Kreuz, Paritätischer Wohlfahrtsverband) are specialized in questions regarding migration. The staff consists of competent social workers and social pedagogues, who can help you with your questions and will support you in every possible way. The Counselling Centers are independent from governmental agencies, they work free of charge and their consultation is confidential.

Migration Counselling for Adult Immigrants (MBE) and Youth Migration Services (JMD)

The Federal Republic of Germany funds migration counselling for adult immigrants (MBE) and youth migration services (JMD), implemented by the welfare associations. There is at least one MBE/JMD Advice Office in every city and district in Germany.

  • Migration counselling for adult immigrants (MBE) offers you a wide range of counselling and support. The staff supports you immediately after your arrival to Germany and, if necessary, even before that. If you have any questions or problems, you can always contact the respective Regional Advice Office. The consultation is free of charge and the counsellors are subject to confidentiality. The respective MBE-Offices can be found on the website of BAMF (the Federal Office for Migration and Refugees).
  • The youth migration services (JMD) especially support young immigrants between the ages of 12 and 27 in the transition of school / training / work and provide support during the integration courses. In addition, also parents are counseled, who need advice on the education and training of their children. JMD-Offices cooperate with other relevant institutions. The respective JMD-Offices can be found on the website of BAMF (the Federal Office for Migration and Refugees).

Migration Counselling can help you with the following topics:

  • Learning Germany (e.g.: Where can I learn German? Do I have to pay for my language course?) Migration Counselling helps you, to find the right language course for you. Often the courses are free. You can be exempted from the costs of the Integration Language Course, for example.
  • School and Work (e.g.: Will my school leaving certificate or my vocational training be recognized in Germany? How and where can I find work?)
  • Dealing with authorities, legal questions concerning your stay in Germany (e.g.: Which authorities do I have to approach? Which applications can I submit?) Migration Counselling helps you to submit applications and to write official letter (child allowance, housing allowance, application for a residence permit etc.)
  • Marriage, Family, Education (e.g.: Help with personal problems, financial help during the pregnancy)
  • Health (e.g.: How do I get health insurance?)
  • Living (e.g.: How can I find a flat?)
  • Special offers (e.g.: women’s meetings, women’s breakfast; language courses for women) Migration Counselling helps you to meet other women, who speak your language and have already lived Germany for some time. They can be an important help, to get settled and find your way in Germany. You have the possibility to get to know women, who are in a similar situation like you.

Migration Counselling

in Baden-Württemberg

in Bayern


in Berlin

in Brandenburg

Migrationserstberatungsstellen in Brandenburg

in Bremen

Initiativen, Institutionen und Vereine der Integrationsarbeit mit Beratungsangeboten in Bremen

in Hamburg


in Hessen

Migrationsberatung für Erwachsene der Diakonie Hessen

in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern 

Beratungsstellen für MigrantInnen und Flüchtlinge vom Flüchtlingsrat Mecklenburg-Vorpommern 

in Niedersachsen

in Nordrhein-Westfalen / Saarland / Northern Pfalz 

in Rheinland-Pfalz


in Sachsen


i Sachsen-Anhalt


in Schleswig-Holstein


in Thüringen