Home  |  Impressum  |  Sitemap
Quelle: pexels.com

Visa for Parents from German Children Living in Germany

A child, which is born in Germany, automatically receives the German citizenship if at least one of the parents is German or lives in Germany since minimum eight years at least (§4 Nationality Act). Foreign parents of a minor Germans have the right to obtain a visa or residence permit to be able to come to Germany and exercise personal care. In this case no proof of basic knowledge of the German language is needed.

The same applies for parents of children who are citizens of another EU-state, of an EEA country (Norway, Liechtenstein, Iceland) or Switzerland, because of the right of free movement.

If you have any questions concerning this topic, please contact your counselling center.