Home  |  Impressum  |  Sitemap
Quelle: pexels.com

Residence for Family Reasons

Who can come to Germany for family reasons?
Which conditions must be complied?

Turkish, Kosovan and Russian citizens need a visa to enter Germany and a residence title for specific purposes for a long term stay. Also Non-EU nationals, who are exempt of a visa for a short-term stay of 3 months (e.g. Serbia, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Macedonia or holder of a „grüner Beamtenpass“ in Turkey) must apply for a long-term stay before your entry to the Federal Republic of Germany.

If you want to stay in Germany because of family reasons, you need a family reunion visa for your entry. Only if you hold such a visa you can get a residence permit for family reasons.

You can find the requirements for family reunion in §§ 27-36 Aufenthaltsgesetz (Residence Act). Also important are §§ 5, 10 & 11 Aufenthaltsgesetz.

Spouse of a German
Spouse of a Non-EU Citizen in Germany
Spouse of an EU Citizen, EEA-Citizen, Swiss
Subsequent Immigration of Children
Parents from German Children Living in Germany

You also want to work or undergo vocational training in Germany? Then look up all the information you need on Vocational Training and Work.